Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Untitled 05

This post is special, it's for a SONG. Not a band even though the band is my favorite. I know I'm late, but Brand New's demos have been leaked on to the internet. Though they're all amazing. I feel that I should write about one song in particular. The song entitled Untitled 05, is one of the best. It was once thought to be called Cleanser, but it has been confirmed that it is not called Cleanser and Cleanser is reportedly a name of another demo that was not leaked. It is said that none of these will be making the new album, and Untitled 05 is no exception. It's a shame.
It starts out with a guitar and Jesse Lacey. It sounds like a sex-driven song. Though that's not what it's about. Well I interpret these lyrics as someone being taken hostage (not really, but in the sense that they make the other person secluded from the people who really love and care about them.)by a lover who abuses them not physically but verbally and possibly sexually. That's what I've concluded from the lyrics. Listen to them.

This is why I've fallen in love with Brand New. Great lyrics paired with equally great music and a man with a voice from the alternative music gods. Check out Brand New at their website. I don't know where you can get them on the internet and they're not for sale, but you can get them at any peer to peer program, or if you know anyone that has them they can send them to you. I'm sure if you Google hard enough then something will come up in a forum or something, but other than that I don't know how you can obtain them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home